- Club Info
- Spring Soccer
- 2017-2018 Season
- Long Term Player Development
- Health & Safety
Spring Soccer 2017 is here!! The most fun 10 weeks (8 weeks for U4/5) of soccer for kids of all ages and abilities. Spring Soccer provides an opportunity for players at all levels to get out and enjoy playing the beautiful game. Players can jump straight into some small sided games or take part in our "Skills Zone" to sharpen up their soccer skills before taking on others. What ever stage you are at, sign up for Spring Soccer now and lets have some fun.
What is Spring Soccer?
- Spring Soccer is 3v3-8v8 small sided games (depending on age and player numbers)
- Sessions are once a week and will last for 60-75mins depending on age group.
- Games are supervised but we want the players to take ownership whilst playing the games, whether that is refereeing the game or helping organise their teammates.
- Little Kickers (U4/5) are 40minute sessions once a week for 8 weeks.
Skills Zone (*New for 2017*):
Any players who wish to sharpen their skills before jumping into a game can do so in our new skills zone. This area will be run by one of our club coaches. Players can spend as much or as little time in the skills zone as they wish and can jump into a game at anytime.
Session Structure & Game Rules:
- When players arrive they will be given pinnies, divided into team's and play Small-Sided Games. Players will be separated depending on their experience level (ticked at registration).
- Games will be 8-10mins with a 2 min break (Exercise-to-rest ratio increase energy and mental awareness)
- Emphasis on development over winning. If a team score's, get ball from own net and restart the game.
- No corner-kicks. Play restarts with a goal kick and opposition must drop off 10yards so players can begin the game
- When ball goes out on the side of the pitch either dribble or pass the ball in
- Coaching: Very little overt coaching (Encouragement only, NO raised voices, this is not the World Cup!)
- At any time the Head Coach/Assistant Coaches will move players around so they can be challenged. THERE ARE NO SPECIFIC TEAMS SO EVERY WEEK YOU WILL PLAY WITH & AGAINST DIFFERENT PLAYERS.
- We will ask coaches to supervise a game station.
- Little Kickers - $85
- U6-U10 - $85
- U11-U18 - $90
* All players will receive a jersey to wear to each session.
** Players who registered with HCFC for the 2016/2017 season will receive a discount. $15 for LK-U10 and $20 for U11-U18.
Age Groups, Times and Formats:
|Date of Birth||Time||Day||Age||Game Format|
|2013 2012 B&G|| 4:00-4:40pm || Tues ||U4||Station based activities|
|2012 B&G || 4:45-5:25pm || Tues ||U5||Station based activities|
|2011 B&G ||5:00-6:00pm|| Thurs ||U6||3v3|
|2010 B&G|| 5:00-6:00pm ||Tues||U7||4v4|
|2009-2008 B&G ||6:00-7:00pm||Thurs||U8-U9||4v4|
|2007-2006 B&G ||6:00-7:00pm||Tues||U10-U11||4v4|
| 2005-2003 B&G||7:00-8:15pm||Thurs||U12-U14||4v4/5v5|
All sessions will be at the Merle Logan Artificial Turf Fields.
*U15-U18 may have Goalkeepers depending on Volunteers
Harbour City FC
2300 Bowen Road
Saturday: 9am-12pm 1pm-3pm